Tornado in Denver?
Colorado ranks ninth in the country for tornado activity, averaging forty-seven tornadoes each year. Although most tornadoes happen in the spring and summer months, October and November see a spike in tornado activity each year. SERVPRO® of Denver North responds to storm damage emergencies throughout the year and offer these tips on staying safe during a tornado from the American Red Cross:
- Identify a safe place in your home where household members and pets will gather during a tornado: a basement, storm cellar, or an interior room on the lowest floor with no windows
- In a high-rise building, pick a hallway in the center of the building. You may not have enough time to go to the lowest floor.
- In a mobile home, choose a safe place in a nearby sturdy building. If your mobile home park has a designated shelter, make it your safe place. No mobile home, however it is configured, is safe in a tornado.
- A tornado watchmeans a tornado is possible
- A tornado warningmeans a tornado is already occurring or will occur soon. Go to your safe place immediately.
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.